This is a personal weblog which I write for my own entertainment, and hopefully the entertainment of my readers along the way.
The views/opinions/experiences are those of myself, and in no way shape or form is in relation nor reflects those of my current or former employers, or schools and academic institutes.
I link to external sites within my pages, I do not necessarily agree or disagree with their data, content, views, etc. I post these links for my audience
My policy for commercial engagement can be summed up very briefly:
- I like freebies.
- I don’t like being told what to say.
- I will consider advertising from companies I like.
If the short-and-sweet version is a bit too short for you, here’s a slightly more comprehensive attempt:
- I will sometimes spontaneously recommend products which I have bought and happen to like.
- If I’m offered free stuff with no strings, I will probably accept if I think I’ll like and will use it (but I’m mindful of the environment, so I won’t take things just because they’re free). I’ve always liked a bargain.
- If I’m offered free stuff with strings attached, then I’ll decide whether to accept it based on the nature of the strings. If they’re big chunky ropes (like, say, asking for a positive review) then I’ll say no.
- I will disclose to my readers if a product was free, and if there were any strings attached, I will spell this out.
- I will always be honest about my opinions and experiences with products, irrespective of whether I’ve been given them for free.
- If I can pass along free stuff for my readers – great! Who doesn’t love prizes? Please let me know if you’d like to offer a giveaway prize or a discount for my followers.
- Advertising approaches will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending mostly on how I feel about the company in question.
Copyright Theft / Piracy
I sometimes write posts, or post links to ‘illegal’ sites or ideas; i.e. software ‘piracy’ or copyright ‘theft’; I neither condone or recommend following my example; assume that I have linked, or posted these for academic reasons only and that i am not actively breaking the “Law”; heck who doesn’t like tinkering.
Please don’t assume anything I have done / linked to / said etc is a good idea; I am in no way condoning copyright theft despite making a complete digital copy of something in no way removes the original from any one… so is hard to call theft. and Piracy is a sucky name for it too! (see this book).
If you want to ask me anything, please contact me.