Please do not use this post as a bases for your medical advice! I am in no way a trained medical professional. other disclaimers and disclosures can be read here.
The Documents referenced with this post are not all the documents available on this subject; read more before continuing on any path.
The rest of this post is under a Break to try and keep it out of Syndication.
Last year I was talking to a lovely young lady called Sara, One of the things she recommended was talking to my Doctor about my mental health, My local doctor prescribed me Citalopram, I was on Citalopram for about six months, when my life had levelled off, and I was feeling better mentally I came off it; however with things that have happened recently I started taking the small stock that the Doctor left me incase things went south again, while at the moment they are making me feel better, I would prefer not to be on them;
I am tempted to either try without them when I get near the end of my small stock, or move to something like St John’s Wart; and see how things continue, last time I was on Anti-Depresents, I received no external help; and was not really sure about the cause, however since I am more aware of how my mental health should be now I think that I should be able to work things through in a better manner.
I will also have to try and live by Dr. Alan R. Zimmerman’s “10 Commandments for Right Living” [via]
- You shall not worry, for worry makes you suffer the same disaster many times.
- You shall not dominate or posess others, for everyone has the right to govern his own actions
- You shall not desire undue fame, for the burdens of greatness can kill the spirit.
- You shall not desire great wealth for there is no peace in the lives of the rich.
- You shall relax, for great tension causes illness in the body.
- You shall have a sense of humour, for laughter adds years to your life and life to your years.
- You shall cherish the beautiful and serve the good, for in giving you shall receive many times over.
- You shall harm no other person, by thought, word, or deed, for what you do to others will always come back to you.
- You shall not harbour any bitterness, for bitterness injures most the one who is bitter.
- You shall not blame anyone else for your problems, for blaming keeps you stuck and prevents a solution.
I will have to have more of a think about this all; and see how things go.
But I would value thoughts and advice from my friends, and if any one has any other references; its just I know what I need to sort out, but I think I could benefit from a bit of help to support my mental health on the way there; and Found the formal medical route to not be flexible.