I got this by email / spam yesterday from Rosie Boswell of Boyd Digital (International SEO, Link Building and Digital Marketing) [link]:
I hope this emails finds you well.
We are having some trouble with our websites rankings due to Google’s Panda & Penguin updates.
Like a lot of webmasters out there we submitted our website to directories, article directories, how to sites and many more websites where we could gain links.
As you probably know these once legitimate websites are now deemed toxic in the eyes of Google. We are now in the process of cleaning up our backlink profile and are hoping you will be able to help us in our task of doing so.
Google now deems the links below to be suspicious; would you be able to help us out by removing the links from the website?
Links to be removed:
The root domain of our website is: http://www.eastcoast.co.uk
Any assistance you can provide is much appreciated!
I am sure that Rosemary Boswell is an internet genius, and great with SEO, however I am amused that she
- Didn’t find the Contact Me page on this website, but chose to wonder off site to another website to find an email address for me.
- Has asked me to remove a link from a lot of RSS feeds (the /feed/ means the page is just an XML document).
- Has described my site as Toxic / Suspicious.
So there you go Rosie Boswell, I have sort of not complied with your request,
Other things of amusing:
- My Google Page Rank for Skippy.org.uk is PR2
- Google Page Rank for Boyd Digital is PR 1
- Google Page Rank for East Coast Trains is PR 6
- The Original post “Why Ticket Barriers Fail” used a Quote from East Cost Trains
- This site now has a fair amount of traffic for Boyd Digital…