Tangye Diesel Engine

Tangye Diesel Engine This engine was one of two used at Holmeswood Pumping Station near Burscough in Lancashire to drive land drainage pumps. The engine drove a large centrifugal water pump which was directly coupled to the end of the crank shaft. This type of engine was produced from 1931 until 1964 by Tangye when the company ceased to operate. This example dates from 1949 and was donated to the museum by the National Rivers Authority in 1993.

Leave a Reply