Yarwoods Compound Steam Engine

Yarwoods Compound Steam Engine This engine powered the 300 ton ICI packet boat Davenham until 1973. It was built in 1946. W.J. Yarwoods of Northwich built both this engine and Davenham, which carried mainly salt and chemicals down the river weaver in Cheshire. Davenham is now in private hands but a similar ICI boat, Cuddington, is in the museum collection. Yarwoods Compound Steam Engine is on loan from the museum from National Museums Liverpool.

Leave a Reply