The Random Thoughts of a Geek heading for Banbury
The Random Thoughts of a Geek heading for Banbury

#Makevember Post 01 – Wind Turbine Hub

As part of my Weather Station Project, I want to be able to deploy it anywhere, including places with ZERO electrical power. I found this Wind Turbine on ThingiVerse, however it is released under a Attribution, Non Commercial, NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) licence by 3dprintable, which means I can’t edit it to make changes to it. However there are some things I would like to change to make the design work better for me.

A while ago I managed to print one of the blades in multiple parts and stick it together with CA1 glue.

At 79 grams its a bit heavier than I am happy with, so I am going to redesign it, and make it easer to print in multiple parts.

At the same time as printing the blade, I also printed the parts to make the hub for checking it out. Today I will assemble it:

I have got two of the blades on the wrong way round, but for using it as a reference design it doesn’t matter.

  1. Cyanoacrylate glue

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

4 thoughts on “#Makevember Post 01 – Wind Turbine Hub”