Before Redoing the poll that I answered here, we were asked to read the following articles:
- Domestic Energy Use and Sustainability, The ImpEE Project, The University of Cambridg – A useful short slideshow that introduces the wider implications of our domestic energy use.
- Consumer Energy Center, The California Energy Commission – An article about ‘smart’ purchasing and using of dishwashers.
- What’s the carbon footprint of…doing the dishes? The GreenLiving Blog from The Guardian newspaper – One of a series of blog articles exploring lifestyle choices.
- What’s the carbon footprint of…drying your hands? The GreenLiving Blog from The Guardian newspaper – One of a series of blog articles exploring lifestyle choices.
- Room for Debate: Should the US burn or bury its trash? The Opinion pages of The New York Times – A debate with conflicting expert input on the benefits of a new generation of ‘green’ incinerators.
Other articles found subsequently include:
- What’s the carbon footprint of… a load of laundry? – The Guardian
- Green Toolbox (copy of the Green Toolbox PDF)
- World Bank’s What is Sustainable Development
- Plan LoCaL
- Everybody’s Talking About Climate Change
- Friends of the Earth’s Is incineration or landfill better?
- The environmental comparison of landﬁlling vs. incineration of MSW accounting
for waste diversion PDF
- A comparative study of three different hand drying methods: paper towel, warm air dryer, jet air dryer. PDF
Reading through the articles and resources it appears that I am mostly right in my thoughts.