nbArianrhod is also listed on SoYouWannaBuyABoat.com. Tomorrow (Thursday 23rd), b0atg1rl and I will be down at her, as we have a couple of viewings, If you want to have a look, or want further details, please contact her.
‘nbArianrhod’ is a 40ft Springer, built by Springer Engineering, of Market Harborough she was built in the early 1980’s, nbArianrhod has a Bukh DV20 (Manuals here) Skin tank cooled engine.
Built 1981, this boat has been my home for the last 6 years, she currently has a standard Springer reverse layout (i.e. bedroom area towards the bows). From the stern door:
- large kitchen area with ample shelving and cupboard space as well as a set of drawers. Kitchen incorporates a full size sink/drainer and cooker, there is space for a medium size fridge (gas or 12v)
- saloon has two bench areas capable of seating three people apiece, these convert into a double bed or a table area using desmo-island legs (these are stored in the toilet compartment when not in use).
- bathroom: split across the main corridor there is a toilet area on the port side this contains a thetford porta-poti with a set of shelves above, on the starboard is a shower cubicle.
- bedroom comprises a convertible double bed/sofa, wardrobe area, bookshelves and a small solid fuel stove which is more than ample to heat the boat even in the depths of winter.
- She’s powered by a Bukh DV20 of a similar age to the boat which has recently had a complete overhall, and runs well.
- Blacked 2010, cabin sides repainted (mostly) 2011.
- BSC to 2014, C&RT Cruising Licence to April 2013.
She is sensibly priced as my partner and I have taken some of the fittings for use on our new boat and are looking for a quick sale. Selling due to buying a bigger boat.
nb Arianrhod is listed for sale with Apollo Duck here, however she is also listed on soyouwannabuyaboat.com
She is currently at Frouds Bridge Marina[site] (RG7 4LH), On the Kennet and Avon Canal, Near Thatcham, Newbury and Reading in Berkshire, With Easy access to both the Kennet and Avon canal, and the River Thames we are asking £10,000 for her; please have a look at the Apollo Duck page here, or for more details soyouwannabuyaboat.com.
Who is/was Arianrhod
Arianrhod is a figure in Welsh mythology who plays her most important role in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi. She is the daughter of Dôn and the sister of Gwydion and Gilfaethwy; the Welsh Triads give her father as Beli Mawr. In the Mabinogi her uncle Math ap Mathonwy is the King of Gwynedd, and during the course of the story she gives birth to two sons, Dylan Ail Don and Lleu Llaw Gyffes, through magical means.