The things that draw me to this 3D printer are its compact size; its mostly printable; and easy to build (and I guess make replacement parts for :))
The Specifications are as follows:
- Outer dimensions: 225mm x 225mm x 300mm
- Build Area: 100mm x 100mm x 110 usable
And some of the features are:
- Fully printed case.
- It can print all of its own parts.
- Internally mounted extruder.
- External power supply to allow for battery operated use.
- Uses an interesting drive train: low cost wire rope (fishing wire) or High test Braided fishing line instead of costly belts.
In the future there is a plan to be able to print extension panels to allow it to expand itself by 100mm in any or all directions, and the ability to daisy chain two (I guess or more) machines together to mass produce parts while only using one set of electronics (both machines would produce the same parts at the same time).